Constantly buying vegetables can become expensive, but there is a way to save money. Stop throwing away what you don’t use and start regrowing vegetables at home. The best part is that there is no garden needed. All of these plants can be grown in the home. The time and effort put into this will create huge benefits! Here are a few common plants that you can easily grow in your own home.
- Romaine Lettuce
- After you are finished making your salad, keep the bottom of the stump. Let the stump sit in half a cup of water until you see some leaves sprouting. Transfer the plant to a pot of soil and watch your creation grow.
- Green Onions
- This is going to be the easiest one to grow. First, cut them an inch from the root and place them into some water. Bam! All you have to do after is sit and watch.
- If you have a fear of vampires, here is how you can save money from over buying garlic. One sprout and a cup of water is all you need. Set the sprout in water and wait for it to grow.
- Sweet Potato
- This is a marvelously cool plant to watch grow before your very own eyes. First, place the potato in a jar of water, in direct sunlight and watch as the potato’s roots sprout, it looks like a bunch of spider webs. After, place the sweet potato in some soil and let it grow.
- If you like re-growing green onions, then you are going to love re-growing leeks. The process is the exact same. Cut them an inch or two from the root and place in a cup of water.
The best part about re-growing all of your own vegetables is that there is barely any hassle. It is not extremely time consuming and you can do it from the comfort of your own home. Save time, money and your stress level and start re-growing your own vegetables!